On Wednesday, July 13th Christ Redeemer Church organized a day of community service. This service day was in connection with our Summer Youth Retreat. This year we sent out over 200 volunteers to 20 different locations to lend a helping hand to various public institutions and charitable organizations throughout the Upper Valley. Collectively, we logged over 700 volunteer hours! It was awesome to see how many volunteers rallied for this monumental effort.
As you can see from the photos above, the volunteers served with smiles. They organized building materials at the Cover Store. They helped to build a connector trail between the Northern Rail Trail and the Lebanon Pool. They cleaned chairs, refrigerators, artwork, and toys. They pulled weeds, removed invasive species, weed-whacked, and mowed. They cleared hiking trails and ski hills. They washed windows, police cars, and fire trucks, and buses. They painted the main bathhouse at Storrs Pond Recreation Area.
The community service day was one of the highlights of week!
Here are some of the other places that we served this year:
- Richard W. Black Community Center in Hanover
- Storrs Pond Recreation Area in Hanover
- Hanover Police Department
- Upper Valley Hostel in Hanover
- Howe Library in Hanover
- Hanover High School
- Upper Valley Land Trust in Hanover
- VINS (Vermont Institute of Natural Science) in Quechee
- Montshire Museum of Science in Norwich
- High Horses Therapeutic Riding in Norwich
- The Re-Cover Store in White River Junction
- First Student Bus Company in Hartford
- Upper Valley Senior Center in Lebanon
- Lebanon Fire Department
- Pregnancy Center of the Upper Valley in West Lebanon
- David’s House in Lebanon
- Hannah’s House in Lebanon
- Lebanon Recreation Department & Upper Valley Trail Alliance
- Storrs Hill Ski Area in Lebanon
- Singing Hills Christian Retreat Center in Plainfield