COVID-19 Cancelation for March 15th until May 4th
Sunday’s worship service and all in-person events originally scheduled for March 15th until May 4th are canceled. This cancellation is an effort to join with our community in the steps it is taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
A Guide for Home Worship will be made available each week and emailed out on Saturday. If you do not believe you are on the church email list, please contact
You can also access the Guide for Home Worship here.
Where possible, Community Groups and other Bible studies are being moved to an online format. If you are already part of one of these groups, the ministry leader for that group will contact you with details. If you would like to be added to a specific group’s email list, please contact the
Opportunities to Help Our Community
DHMC is anticipating future needs and “requests donations of masks, face shields, isolation gowns, gloves, and hand sanitizer.” If you have any of these things at home or are connected with an organization that may have these items available, please consider donating. The hospital has also shared instructions for homemade face masks. See the DHMC Mask Making Instructions for instructions and drop off information. We have a box outside the church office as another drop off option for any donations.
Please pray for the many health care professionals in our church family as they face increased responsibilities, exposure, and stress. Pray for the peace of Christ to rule in their hearts as they bear these burdens and walk alongside their colleagues and patients.
If you have questions or would like to share other personal or community needs, please continue to contact
Prior to this cancelation, the following steps were put into place around our worship services.
COVID-19 Prevention and Protection:
Our Regular Illness Policy:
We seek to promote an environment that is considerate of all. Therefore, anyone who has had a fever (100+), feel feverish, have a cough, sore throat, nasal congestion or diarrhea/vomiting within the past 24 hours should opt out of attending services. If you have service responsibilities, please find a substitute or contact the church office and we will help you find a replacement. And, as always, if you are concerned for your safety or the safety others, please do not feel compelled to attend.
Please keep an eye on your email and the website for changes to our regular scheduled events, as we continue to monitor the situation and recommendations from the CDC and local authorities. Your safety and care are of utmost concern to the church elders and staff.
We implemented the following measures for Sunday March 8th:
- Every childcare room and the auditorium will have hand sanitizer, please use it and encourage your kids to do so as well.
- All kids will be taken to the restroom to properly wash their hands before eating.
- All childcare leaders serving/distributing food will wear gloves.
- All the toys were cleaned in a bleach solution on March 5th and will be again prior to service.
- Railings and door handles will be wiped down with bleach wipes.
The following additional measures were planned for Sunday, March 15th prior to the decision to cancel:
- While we will have greeters stationed in their normal locations, bulletins will be placed on the Connect table and on the railing adjacent to auditorium entrance for distribution. They will not be passed to you.
- Communion cups and wafers will be in enclosed prepackaged individual containers and they will be distributed by one person (wearing gloves) upon entering the auditorium. At CRC we welcome all believers in Christ to receive Holy Communion with us provided that they are 1) forsaking their sin and self-righteousness, and 2) trusting in Jesus alone for salvation. If you are not able to receive Communion, please use this time to meditate on who Jesus is and what he has done for us, even using this as an opportunity to put your trust in him.
The leadership and staff of CRC are closely monitoring the situation and will continue to assess the situation and add further protective measures in future weeks as appropriate.
If a determination is made to cancel the worship service, the cancellation will be communicated as follows:
- An email message will be sent to all those on the CRC Email List* by 6:30 am.
- The church website will be updated to note the cancellation by 7 am with a banner announcing the cancellation.
For all other events an email will be sent to participants. If you have any questions, contact the leader of that particular ministry or group.
* If you are uncertain that you are on the church email list, please contact
Last Updated 3/23/19