At CRC we desire to be not only a church that serves the Upper Valley, but also the world. In the short history of CRC, we have sent out numerous individuals to do a variety of long and short term projects. Through our connections with Converge Worldwide Missions and other agencies, we have a network of missions and relief opportunities that stretch around the globe. In addition to sending people, we are also committed to financially supporting missions and charities as well. In fact, we have recently averaged giving away 20% of our budget to support other charities and ministries, and we aim to increase the percentage that we give away every year. Since 2000, CRC has given away over $1,708,000 to missions and charity, over $198,000 last year alone.
CRC supports a number of missionaries and missions organizations at the local, regional, national and international level. To see maps displaying the people and organizations we support click here.
How can I get involved
- Prayer: Missions work is upheld and under girded by prayer. Pray that our missionaries would grow in the Gospel of Christ, that their relationships and service would draw others to Christ, and that they would be encouraged in their labors on behalf of the Kingdom of God.
- Financial Support: Your giving to Christ Redeemer Church supports the work of these missionaries. To find out more about making a contribution to CRC , click here. If you feel led to support one of these missionaries above your regular giving to CRC , contact the church office for more information about direct donations to the missionary’s sending organization.
- Adopt a Missionary: Missions can be a difficult road to walk. Adopt a missionary by committing to pray for them regularly, supporting them through letters or emails, and supporting them financially in addition to your regular CRC giving.
International Interns & Fellows Program
The International Interns & Fellows Program is a 3 to 6 month full immersion, church-based ministry residency opportunity at Christ Redeemer Church. “Intern” is the designation given to those that are just beginning their ministry career, while “fellows” is the title given to our more seasoned participants. The purpose of the program is to help develop gospel-driven shepherds who are adept at leading God’s people in the mission of Christ’s church in a post-Christian context. More information can be found here.
The Missions ministry at CRC is about seeing the gospel of Jesus Christ faithfully proclaimed and received for the establishment and building up of local bodies of believers (churches) throughout the world. Our missions giving is directed by a Missions Committee under the oversight of the church elders. The Missions Committee includes Pastor Don Willeman, Joel Eshbaugh, Jack van Hoff, Matt Lewis, Vincent Mack, Dave Smith, and Marsha Davidson.
More about Missions
If you are interested in learning more about the heart of missions, here are a few resources:
Sermons about Missions
- The Mission of the Church
- The Church and the Mission of the Church
- The Mission and Prayer
- Practicing the Mission
Foolishness to the Greeks: The Gospel and Western Culture
By Lesslie Newbigin
The Gospel Commission:Recovering God’s Strategy for Making Disciples
By Michael Horton
The Gospel in a Pluralist Society
By Lesslie Newbigin
Ministries of Mercy: The Call of the Jericho Road
By Tim Keller
What is the Mission of the Church
By Kevin DeYoung & Greg Gilbert