Complete for Sunday, September 24
READ: Ephesians 2:1-10
- What do you think Paul means when he says we were dead in our trespasses and sins?
- What do we learn about the nature of sin from description of our deadness in sin in vv. 1-3?
- According to v. 4 what motivated God to save us from our sin and its effects?
- According to vv. 6-7 what is God’s end game in His work of redemption?
- According to vv. 8-10 what role do each of these play in our redemption:
- God’s grace?
- Our faith?
- Our works?
- How would you respond to the question: Are our good works necessary for our salvation?
- If we are not saved by our good works, why in the world would we ever be motivated to do good works? Doesn’t such a belief destroy the “real motivation” for being good? Why or why not?
READ: Freedom Movement: 500 Years of Reformation pp. 6-11.
If you would like to view this study as a PDF, click here.
Image Source: Wikimedia