Complete for Sunday, October 22nd
READ: Hebrews 1:1-3
- The writer of Hebrews suggests that Jesus is God’s word of the “last days”. What does this seem to suggest about finality of God’s word in Jesus?
- Who does the writer suggest that Jesus is? How does this identity contrast with that of a mere prophet or angel?
- What does Jesus’s identity suggest regarding the authority of God’s revelation in Jesus?
READ: Luke 24
- What did Jesus rebuke his disciples on regarding their understanding of the Old Testament (Hebrew) Scriptures?
- How might this critique connect to Paul’s insistence in 1 Corinthians 2:2?
READ: Freedom Movement: 500 Years of Reformation pp. 24-27.
If you would like to view this study as a PDF, click here.
Image Source: Wikimedia