Complete for Sunday, November 12th
READ: Galatians 5:1-15
- According to Galatians 5:1a, for what purpose did Christ set us free?
- According to Galatians 5:1b, what are we supposed to do with this freedom?
- What do you think it means that we are “free in Christ?”
- Free from what, exactly?
- What would it mean for you to “stand firm” (Galatians 5:1b) in your freedom in Christ?
- According to Galatians 5:13-14, what is our freedom for?
- Martin Luther famously wrote: “A Christian is a perfectly free lord of all, subject to none. A Christian is a perfectly dutiful servant of all, subject of all, subject to all.” What do you think he meant by this and how does this relate to what Paul is teaching in Galatians 5?
- How do you find yourself getting trapped so that you do not experience the fullness of the freedom that we have in Christ?
READ: Freedom Movement: 500 Years of Reformation pp. 34-37.
If you would like to view this study as a PDF, click here.
Image Source: Wikimedia